Friday, June 20, 2014

Bathing Beauty...

This weekend I am going to have a little fun making some homemade bath and beauty products that would make some great little treat for myself or a lovely personal homemade and affordable gift. I have a heap of cute little mini mason jars and other little jars leftover from my Chilli Oil project that I want to use and thought some bath salts, scrubs or homemade beauty treatments would be the perfect way to use them.

So I visited the archives of my old blog and am sharing some of the items I found ages ago and sharing the projects that will be the inspiration behind my homemade weekend with some DIY projects for baths salts and more. Many of these great little projects can be made with everyday items found in most household cupboards or supermarkets.

Firstly there is a great little project for DIY bath salts on one of my favourite blogs The Idea Room which can be scented in with your favourite essential oils. I personally love peppermint, it always smells so fresh, although lavender is better for a relaxing and soothing night time bath.

Actually, The Idea Room has a variety of great bath product DIY projects so whilst you are there have a look around at what else they have.

Then I found a great customisable recipe for a face scrub using items available in the supermarket.

I really like the idea of the brighten and tone with Almond oil and strawberries, this is on my list of to do's over the weekend as I think this would be a nice pick me up for my face.


Then finally I found this great little DIY scalp treatment which is fabulous as I get build up after using the same shampoo for a few weeks. I usually keep two types of shampoo's that I can swap over whenever I feel that there is a buildup, which helps, but is not great. I am hoping to try this little DIY treatment to see if it solves my build up problems.


Do you have any homemade bath or body products that you make from everyday ingredients, share in comments so we can all try something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment